Thursday, September 18, 2008

New Shoes

I went to class today, and as usual was perturbed by my professor. I have never had a more arrogant professor in all my life, and he teaches Earth Science. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't think of an Earth Science professor as being arrogant, but he is. He talks a lot, and I think he does it so he can hear himself talk. We did a group activity today, and that was a welcome relief to the same old lecture that he always does. I paired myself with a student who didn't know my name, and repeatedly called me Tabitha. I'm not sure how Teva sounds like Tabitha, but evidently to this guy, it does, strange.
After class, I needed a break from the everyday monotony of eating, cleaning, caring for Sydney, so I took her shoe shopping. She got the cutest little sneakers to toddle around in, and I'm thrilled about them. Her foot has grown from the size 4 that she was, to a size 5. She's a growing girl. She officially can eat 2 whole scrambled eggs for breakfast along with other food. I'm so proud of her, because she didn't eat much before. I might actually get her weaned off the bottle before she is 18 months old, that will be so nice.
We visited my grandmother after going new shoe shopping, and had dinner with her. She is always so thrilled to see us, and that's always so refreshing and wonderful. We live 15 minutes apart, but our lives are so full of life that we hardly see each other. I will be happy when my schedule calms down a bit so I could spend more time with them.
I am happy to be home now, in my haven. I am so proud of our little house. I don't know if I ever want to leave this house, it's been such a wonderful first home for us, I will miss it when that time comes.
Sydney is in bed, and I need to do the same. Mornings come early around here.

No comments: