Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Thankful

So I just returned from Barnum, the play at the local theatre. They did a good job, and now I'm faced with having to write a critique about it for my class. I'm thinking that I should do it while it's fresh in my mind, but it's bed time, and I don't want to write about it now. It was a nice play, I've always enjoyed plays, and this one is no different.
Paige stayed with Sydney as I went, and that was so nice to her. I just wrote to Deb (Our Cup Runneth Over) that the simple words of Thank You are always enough, and sometimes, I've thought differently. Like Paige taking care of Sydney, like she was her own daughter. Sometimes I feel like it's too much, but she does it, and enjoys it. She and Emmitt have taught Sydney so much, and they even have a cute nickname that I love, "Syd the Kid". How could I ever repay her for such wonderful care of my daughter, and her friendship on top of that? She's like a sister to me, she's incredible, and I love her. I hope she knows that.
Or Nicole, my birth instructor. I'm still overwhelmed by how she was brought into our lives, and how much she has impacted our lives. I'll tell that story later, but she asked for no additional payment when she attended our birth, she was my grounding force, the person who helped to get me to where I wanted to be in birthing, and provided so much support, both in person and on the phone. How do I say Thank You to her? I've written about 20 emails to her detailing my thanks, and everytime I do, I cry, because I feel like it's never enough. I'm so thankful for such incredible, beautiful women who are in my life. After all these years of having very few influential women in my life, now I have an abundance of them, and I'm so very thankful for them.

No comments: