Saturday, September 20, 2008

Post Following

I have been following a post about a couple who recently lost their baby boy to leukodystrophy, a day before his first birthday. They have beautiful pictures of their little guy, video, and have written a lot about him. The reason I mention this is because I realize that sometimes, I don't make time for God, I don't feel like getting up and going on Sunday mornings, I don't pray as often as I should, and I have often taken advantage of His presence. This family is somehow teaching me, from a distance, how to better love, understand, and embrace God and His love.
I found their blog site one night because I was searching for the Rock Cycle for Earth Science class, and found another blog that mentioned this family. I visited their blog site, and stayed up for about an hour, and just cried while I read about their baby boy. My heart broke, and instantly I sent prayers up to God.
Today, I looked at their blog site, and Deb had posted a song, "There is a Reason". I agree, completely, there is a reason that I found their site. I think that everyday, we choose to pay attention to cues that God presents to us. There are always teachable moments that God gives to us, and it's up to us to learn. I want you all to know, I'm learning to learn from God.
We may not know the reason that Noah was taken from his family, but I do know that he has taught his mom and dad so much about themselves, life, love, and God that they did not know.
So many tests are done during pregnancy, to make sure the baby is healthy. We made choices when I was pregnant with Sydney not to test for Down Syndrome, because we knew that no matter what, we wanted her. I am sure that Deb and Josh would have felt the same way about Noah during Deb's pregnancy, because Noah was there to teach them, and to learn from them. Their capacity for love and faith is bigger than ever.
I really appreciate that Deb and Josh have chosen to share this very important time in their lives with all of us who are watching, listening, and learning along with them.
I dedicate this blog to Deb and Josh, who are teaching me to look to God, make time for God, and believe in God so I may teach my Sydney the same. Thank you, Deb and Josh. God Bless You.

1 comment:

Ron said...

Thank you for the comment you left last night on my blog. I truly appreciate it. I will be praying for you as you walk out your personal journey before God. (And I'll be reading your blog too!) Life can get crazy. The trick is to see Jesus through the fog and follow Him. It surely isn't easy. And honestly, some days it doesn't seem like it's even worth it. It can be brutally painful. But I have to believe that when it's all over ... we will know the truth. And every step we take is watched over by our loving Father. He makes no mistakes. He wastes nothing. I have prayed for you this morning. Now I'm going to pastor a church for a few hours so pray that I don't screw them up too badly!